Salary range $170k – $200k
Position will start out remote till the bank fully opens up for safely all departments.
Location is the East Bay
The Chief Auditor manages the Bank’s internal audit function and reports to the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors, and administratively to the President and Chief Executive Officer. The person in this position needs to collaborate, communicate, and partner effectively with business partners across the Bank to support a culture of excellence, strong risk management, and compliance in achieving the Bank’s strategic objectives.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish and manage the goals and objectives of the Internal Audit Department; provide leadership to ensure independence, objectivity, effectiveness and integrity of the audit function, and a continuing culture of compliance across the Bank.
- Perform a bank-wide risk assessment, including soliciting input from Senior Executives, to develop a risk-based annual audit plan;
- Manage the internal audit staff and third-party providers of internal audit services, including the Bank’s credit review program.
- Serve as the primary contact for the Bank’s annual External Audit; communicating and coordinating with Bank Management to ensure a smooth and cost-effective review of the Bank’s financial statements and financial reporting controls (FDICIA Review). Also support the achievement of bank objectives related to regulatory examinations and investor reviews.
- Manage, monitor and ensure effective execution of the annual audit plan, scope and schedule of planned audits; ensure audits include the review of all key bank risks, assess the adequacy and effectiveness of mitigating controls, including proper accounting and financial controls, compliance with regulatory requirements, and adequate controls over supporting technologies utilized.
- Selection, training, coaching, mentoring, and evaluating the internal audit staff to ensure they can carry out their assignments in a capable, professional and effective manner.
- Identify and implement ongoing enhancements and best practices into the Audit Program to remain contemporary, relevant, and efficient.
- Coordinate, prepare, and present the monthly Audit Committee agenda, including the monthly Internal Audit Report for presentation to the Audit Committee and Executive Management.
- Support the Bank’s Policy Review Program to ensure policies are reviewed and updated timely, approved by the responsible Board Committees, and posted timely to the Bank’s Policy Library.
- Participate in various regular Board and Board Committee (ERM, Compliance) meetings, Senior Executive Meetings, Quarterly Strategic Update Meetings, weekly Organizational Leadership calls to stay current on developments across the Bank, as well as to provide risk management and internal control perspective in discussions, as appropriate.
- Inform the Audit Committee Chair and President/CEO of any whistleblower complaints received, and recommend next steps. Perform an investigation of the complaint as warranted, and issue an investigation report of the results to the Audit Committee and responsible Senior Executives.
- Build an effective relationship with the President/CEO, which permits the sharing of significant emerging problems in an honest, constructive and proactive manner.
- Prepare annual Audit Department budget and monitor to ensure expenses, particularly for outsourced audits, remain within budget.
- Perform any additional duties or special projects as assigned by the Audit Committee, Board of Directors, or President/CEO.
- B.S. Degree in Accounting or Business
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience, demonstrating progression in knowledge, experience, and leadership in a mid-size or large bank
- MBA or Master’s degree desirable
- Professional certification highly preferred (CIA/CPA/CISA, etc.)
- Strong leadership and management skills to effectively lead, motivate, and inspire the Audit Team; establish effective plans, priorities, and implementation. Strong communication skills: written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with management and associates, so Audit is viewed as a business partner, while maintaining independence and objectivity
- Possess strong knowledge and understanding of banking processes and controls, audit procedures, banking laws and regulations, financial accounting and reporting requirements, FDICIA/SOX 404, information and digital systems and technologies
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams on projects or processes that add value to the Bank
- Proficient in use of office software applications and tools, such as MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to multi-task with superior organizational skills
- Internal Audit Certification highly preferred
- Knowledgeable in application of data analytics to achieve audit objectives
- Expand use of technology to make the audit process more effective and efficient
- Involvement in community activities
Interested in this position? Email Cindy at firstname.lastname@example.org or connect with her online.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com